This page discusses installation issues, usage, bugs and other topics related to the INET Framework for OMNeT++ 3.x. More recent versions (for OMNeT++ 4.0) have a separate web site, inet.omnetpp.org.
Documentation and other related web pages
You might be tempted to just type the
opp_nmakemake -f command to generate a makefile -- don't! Please read the
INSTALL file in the package. Essentially it should be:
nmake -f makefile.vc depend
nmake -f makefile.vc
opp_nmakemake is not enough here, it's only for single-directory models. makemake is a batch file which essentially runs heaps of
opp_nmakemake commands, one in each directory.
Patches for INET-20060912a:
Patches for INET-20061020:
- The FlatNet example (possibly others too) in recent INET versions may crash when you right-click on the network diagram, when run with OMNeT++ 3.2p1 or earlier. This is an OMNeT++ bug, the fix is to change src/tkenv/tkutil.cc line 122 from
char *buf = Tcl_Alloc(ptrsize*n); to
char *buf = Tcl_Alloc(ptrsize*n+1); and recompile OMNeT++.
- Versions before January 2006 don't compile with VC 8.0 (Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 [Express])
- The 09.27.05 version displays the same
undisposed objects annoyance as IPv6SuiteWithINET. This will be fixed in the upcoming release soon.
- Versions earlier than 09.27.05 will not compile as is with OMNeT++ 3.2 (see MigratingToOmnetpp32).
- Regarding bugs/issues in the mobile/ad-hoc part, see also MobilityFramework (on which most code is based)
- On Linux, if you get a linker error about
typeinfo for IPv6ExtensionHeader, check this page: INETLinkerErrorIPv6ExtensionHeader
- Version 09.27.05: With GCC 4.0.2, Network/LDP can't be compiled correctly because of casting. You can modify line 215, 223, 232, 247 and 255 in Network/LDP/NewLDP.cc by changing myPeers[(int)yourPtr] to myPeers[(long unsigned int)yourPtr]. Checked with SUSE 10.0 and gcc 4.0.2. --Michael
Add comments below: