This short Tutorial should help you to get the combination Omnet++ 4 (final) and INET (INET-20090325-opp4-src.tgz) working.
- a working installation of Omnet++ Version 4.
- unpacked INET archive
Steps to go:
- open the IDE
- import the INET project (File -> Import -> General -> Existing Projects into Workspace -> Select <Parent of INET_DIRECTORY> -> Check INET project -> Finish)
At his point you should be able to build the project with Ctrl-B.
Now do what you need/want to do. In my case i just created a new project and referenced the INET project in there
- File -> New -> Omnet++ Project for C++
- enter a name and confirm
- open project properties of your new project
- enable the INET checkbox in the project references and confirm
- use all the nice INET stuff in your project